Entopia is a large eye-opening insects classroom and discovery hub that welcomes all curiosity human to interact and play with amazing ‘self-propelled flowers’ and insects. Let’s get quick facts about Entopia:
1. Grand opening in 2016, the entire park area is 100,000 sqft (you can spend up to 2 – 3 hours)
2. Housing 15,000 free-flying butterflies from about 100 species. You can play with them.
3. The living garden exhibiting more than 200 species of plants with waterfalls, ponds, caves and other artistic garden features.
4. Located at No.830, Jalan Teluk Bahang, Teluk Bahang, 11050, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
5. Consist of 7 inddor and outdoor gardens: Mystery Cave, Cocoon Discovery Centre, David’s Garden, Aroma Trail, Dragon Path, Home Tree, Tiger Falls.
6. Ticket: Adult RM49 / Kid & Senior Citizen RM29 / Foreign Tourist RM65 (strongly recommended to buy tickets online and get discount)
7. Opening Time: 9am – 6pm.
10 Reasons Why Entopia Is Worth To Visit:
1. Entopia is not crowded at all. You can dance like nobody’s watching with those butterflies.
2. The park is 100% full of educative information, you will surely learn something new, especially when you wish to wake your inner Entomologist up. Did you know, there is an average life span of a butterfly – it is usually about one month. Although the smallest butterflies that you can usually spot feasting on the flowers in your front yard will usually only live about one week.
3. It consists of adorable, scarryyyyy, beautiful, shocking, yucks, omg omg! and wonderful creatures, so thrilling.
4. Touching the flora & fauna is way exciting than touching your mobile screen.
5. You can pretend as a Disney princess get lost in a tropical garden and feel so loved surrounded by thousands of free-flying butterflies.
6. You can be like a National Geographic photographer to capture those wonderful and unique creatures, cocoon, insects.
7. The park is just next (walking distance) to Escape Theme Park with giant waterslides, flying fox and many adventurous games.
8. Within the park, you can enjoy ice cream, snacks and best local, western meals, definitely yummy! No doubt!
9. Make your trip perfecto! The Entopia souvenir shop offering high quality, beautiful butterfly products, especially the necklace.
10. It’s located in Penang Island (my hometown), an amazing place to celebrate the true meaning of life with full of delicious foods, lovely local people, culture and the affordable price tag for anything.
Red Lacewing Butterfly
Looking so sexy and artistic, this butterfly is known as Red Lacewing.
The Dead Leaf Butterfly
Wow, it tricks your eyes as a dead leaf. What a cute natural magician.
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly
The only flying tiger that won’t bite, with swallow tail.
Troides Helena Common Birdwing Butterfly
Looks heroic like the Batman.
Andaman Autumn Leaf Butterfly
Amazin flyable autumn leaf.
Blue Tiger Butterfly
Give a word if ferocious tiger tranformed in to a butterfly – elegant.
Parthenos Sylvia Clipper Butterfly
Feel the satisfaction when admiring at the perfectly even pattern on its wing, best color combination -pastel blue, white and black.
Green Leaf Insect Phylliidae
What if I told you, this is a walking leaf! Eye popping!
There is a workshop that demonstrating how a bunch of silkworm live and produce silk for classy human.
Cocoon Discovery Centre
The best place I enjoy the most, watching every single stage from a catapillar growing into a butterfly. Production of the mother nature is always superb. This butterfly farm even export unique species to overseas for exibition and research.
Madagascar Hissing Cockroach
With the guidance of professional staff, the park will have few session to let you explore and interact the foreign insects, such as this Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, so much solid than local cockroach!
Alligator Snapping Turtle
It is not an alligator, but it sure can deliver a nasty bite with its powerful jaw, which can easily cut off your fingers! This ain’t kidding turtle deceives prey by using its worm-like tougue to lure small fish. The turtle lies motionless in the water with its mouth open, and wriggle its tougue to attract fish. If one comes too close, the turtle snaps its mouth shut, and the fish is history! This turtle is endangered and protected by the law.
Why Butterflies Drink Crocodiles’ Tears?
This is because butterfly adsorb minerals and salts from the tears of caiman. Wow!
Take a break with some snack bites, ice-cream. Enjoy the creative, tropical-feels ambience.
Mouth-watering Nyonya Fish, Curry Chicken, Ayam Rendang, Smocked Chicken and Mushroom Sandwich with Fries, Crispy Onion Rings, Caesar Salad, fresh juice, coffee and many more. Averagely RM25 per meal.
Entopia Butterfly Farm Souvenir Shop
Wide selections of premium quality butterfly specimens, beautiful dried butterfly necklace, keychains, fridge magnets, night-glowing t-shirts and many more. Shop till you drop!
Remember To Check Out The Entopia Latest Exciting Learning Workshops Schedule
In this post, I only shared about 50% info about the park, there is another 50% more damn epic creature waiting for you to explore! Remember to visit Entopia.com before you go for more interesting workshops schedule, such as how to cook nutritious insect meals! I end this post with an inspiring butterfly quote: There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly. – R. Buckminster Fuller.
350 total views, 4 views today