What impressions strongly spark in your mind when you set your foot on this unique land of Hong Kong? This post is not about dim sum, wonton or Jackie Chan, but what unique scenes that make it Hong! and Kong!
1. Block out the sky with a palm
No space = immensely crowded > subconsciously feeling stressful > reflect on emotion: anxiety > reflect on behaviour: rush + demanding > become part of Hong Kong’s lifestyle
2. Bamboo Scaffolding builds up Hong Kong’s skyscrapers.
If you watch Jackie Chan’s movies, you will subconsciously noticed Jackie often show his Kung Fu by fighting with enemies on the bamboo structure. Here’s why. Hong Kong’s infrastructure construction heavily relies on bamboo scaffolding, not common metal scaffolding.
3. Addicted to celebrity influences
Be it the Hong Kong stars was popular in 70′, 80′ or 90′. they still carry a strong influencing power to the society via celebrity endorsement ads, everywhere.
4. Strong appreciation for old goodies
Nope, new tech, new ideas, new people won’t make them forget the old ones. They’re expert in making old goodies valuable, classical, irreplaceable and harmoniously coexistence with new goodies. Remarkably, the Ding Ding Tram (began in 1904) and Mass Transit Railway (MTR, began in 1979) are both essential to Hong Kong people daily commute across the high dense concrete jungle.
5. No, Hong Kong is not ready for environmental protection
Plastic bags, plastic utensils and styrofoam food packaging are still being widely used in the markets, be it buying groceries or take out Dim Sum, you can easily throw away a plastic bags that would never degrade in decades.
Thoughts & Reflection
1. Environment and space are extremely important for a human being to grow physically and mentally healthy. Not money.
2. Put efforts in protecting the environment, otherwise, everyone will be hurt by the revenge of the mother nature.
3. The art and science of balancing in life. Anything reached an extreme level will lead to a negative result.
4. Learn to preserve old stuff strategically, it can yield an abundance of wealth, invaluable experiences, knowledge & the spirit of appreciation.
1,111 total views, 1 views today